When considering equity release, many people will research familiar and established household names for product information from companies such as Aviva. Equity release calculator programs on these big company websites can provide accurate information but they may not necessarily provide the best option for you. Here are the top reasons why you should use an independent equity release calculator instead.
• Independent means more choice: Unlike the Aviva equity release calculator, independent calculators will have access to a wider range of products. The Aviva calculator will only provide result information based on the Aviva product range. This is only a small portion of the whole market place and they may not offer the best possible deal for you.
• Exclusive deals: Independent brokers and advisers are generally specialists in equity release. As such they tend to have access to exclusive deals which you will struggle to find elsewhere. Ironically, an independent broker may be able to facilitate an Aviva equity release scheme which isn’t even available on the Aviva equity release calculator.
• Wider view of the market: Rather than depending on the results of one company calculator, by using a number of independent calculators you can gain a wider view of the market. Some big companies only offer standard lifetime mortgages. However, there are other plans and schemes in equity release such as home reversion, drawdown mortgages and enhanced schemes which may be better suited to your requirements and offer a more attractive deal.
• Current information: The equity release market is constantly changing with new products being released all of the time. By using an independent calculator rather than relying on a big company one, such as the Aviva equity release calculator, you can gain an insight into the most current information and offers. If you are unsure about whether you would like to proceed with equity release, this can be remarkably helpful as you can see the choice and variety of schemes being launched to gain a little more confidence in the industry.
• More information=more informed choices: When it comes to making a large financial decision such as equity release, you can never have too much information. Independent calculators will obtain comparisons and information from the whole marketplace and all the current equity release schemes and products. This will enable you to see direct comparisons between similar products which have very different advantages and disadvantages.
• Criteria qualification check: While tools such as the Aviva equity release calculator will check whether you meet the qualification criteria for equity release, it only applies to the Aviva criteria. This may be a little misleading as different companies all have slightly different criteria. For example, some companies offer enhanced release deals for those people who are suffering from a history of poor health. This can mean that someone who is fifty-five and in poor health could obtain a similar percentage of release to someone much older. If the company calculator you are using does not look at the whole marketplace, you may miss out on an excellent product for which you meet the criteria. This type of calculator can also be deceptive as some schemes have different qualification criteria. For example, if you are looking at a company website which offers only home reversion plans, you may be told that you are too young and do not meet the age criteria of being sixty-five or older. However, there is a vast choice of equity release products available for those aged fifty-five and older.
From the very first calculator released a few years ago, there have been numerous calculator programs developed for a variety of websites. Household names will often provide a calculator on their website to compare their product range. Many people already use these companies for their home or motor insurance, or may have had a mortgage or loan from them in the past. However, it can be a mistake to assume that because you have dealt with the company before, they will be able to provide a great deal.
While the Aviva equity release calculator is one of the better options for some, it is important to fully assess your options before making the decision to move forward. Only by using an independent calculator can you obtain all the information needed to make informed decisions. However, these calculators are free to use and require no commitment, so why not utilise more than one. If you have a relationship with a household name company such as Aviva, use their calculator and then check the results against those obtained from an independent calculator. To gain an even better insight into the market, why not use three or four different home equity loans calculators. This will ensure that when you do make the decision to move forward, you will be assured that it is the right choice for you.
Our clients are satisfied with their new lives!
National Equity Release Pension Conference, Bath Street, Bakewell, Derbyshire, DE45 1BX.
You can also contact us by phone , or you can send us a message here: